Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Historic breakthrough for ME at the RSM, yes reallly part 2



Yesterday I used professor White's presentation at the RSM, or is it BRM, to show that he was doing a few things. For one obviously trying to reclassify ME into a psycho rotting disease, no offence but I have long ago discovered that I would have been much better off with a depression or a burn out, than with this so called senility as the others we can actually treat. Makes a difference you know...

Now you won't hear me talk about piles but I had a great laugh about an email that made my day as apparently professor's CBT next project is to turn his attention to piles and declare them a psycho illness as well.....

Cured by talking to someone's lovely behind.... interesting business that delusional psychiatry and CBT-ism ....

If you look at the following from the preface to Dr Ramsay's book, you will note that this muscle problem is ONLY in the Canadian and South Australian guidelines and criteria, not in any of the others....





The other thing is, we can't call ME ME anymore as not everybody has a facial paralysis according to one of the leaders of the denial brigade, well just look at the following, yes, it was on page 3, maybe that is why page 3 is so famous, of Dr Ramsay's book. And if less than 20% had it, it meant that more than 80% didn't professor....

Just a minute detail............





But at least we now know that even the psycho ramblers acknowledge that ME is a neurological illness, we are not allowed to diagnose it anymore otherwise the whole world will know what an utter waste of time, money and resources CBT and GET are, not to mention how dangerous GET in ME is.

So time for suiing a CBT-ist over GET wouldn't you think????

Oh, and one more minute detail of cheering me up, nothing to do with ME but all to do with me, so thanks for that and all the other good wishes of a speedy recovery:



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Dr Speedy for talking such efforts in explaining this, it must have been a real drain on you.

I can see that there are physical, neurological and psychiatric problems in ME, as I experience all three and am happy to admit it.

I do believe, though, that the psychiatric problems are a product of the physical and neurological and not vice versa.

I would also like to be told exactly what I do have as then I know how to best deal with the problem. So if I have CFS then it's CFS, if I have ME then it's ME.

I could not accept not being told I had MS or cancer. It seems totally daft to me that this idea of not telling people they have ME is to protect them, it would produce the opposite effect and provide a level of false hope that is totally unacceptable.

There is a chinese proverb/saying "one disease long life, no disease short life" which boils down to the fact that if you know what ails you, you can look after yourself appropriately.

Appropriate seems to be the issue here really.

Thanks again for explaining, it's very much appreciated.

Best to you

Helen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails