Sunday, May 16, 2010

Loved up kangaroo sets sights on female joggers

Officers in the Northern Territory have received reports of the amorous kangaroo stalking residents in the Honeymoon Ranges near the township of Tennant Creek, including one woman on her morning walk.

"There was no doubt about what he wanted, the randy old thing," the woman told the Northern Territory News. "I turned around and saw this big kangaroo behind me, so I hastened my steps," she said.

"It was a huge kangaroo and quite intimidating."
The woman said that she shouted at the animal, which was obviously aroused, but that it was persistent and only bounded off when other walkers approached.

Later that day a mother-of-three encountered the kangaroo at a night-time car race.

Tanya Wilson went to say hello to the animal when her friends warned her away.

"I thought it was strange that a kangaroo would come to such a noisy place, but I grew up around kangaroos so I went up to say hello," she said. "There I was having a nice chat to him when I heard others calling out to me, warning me to step away.

"I didn't take any notice of them because I didn't think I had anything to worry about. I thought he was just a cute, friendly kangaroo."

"Yeah, apparently he was quite aroused," she said.

One man said that he had tried to scare the animal away, but that it had punched him in the face.

Police have said they will monitor the situation.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails