Sunday, November 28, 2010

Medieval ME/CFS treatment at Barts

By: CFS Central

Many ME/CFS patients believe that the treatment they’ve received at Barts is more appropriate for medieval times than today.

Rosie O’Grady (not her real name) is one of them. The 43-year-old disabled lawyer hails from Ireland but lives in England with a severe case of ME/CFS. Before she became ill in 1996, she reminisces, “I rowed on the weekends on the Thames with a rowing club in Greenwich. I loved traveling and my friends. My life was very full.”

All that changed 14 years ago when she became ill with a flu from which she has yet to recover.

O’Grady says the doctors and rehab team at Barts wanted her to become as physically active as possible. “I was told by ...

Read more>>

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails