Sunday, December 5, 2010

Antiretroviral treatment for ME / CFS

By: Dr. Jamie Deckoff-Jones MD:

We started AZT and Isentress, within days of one another, in early March.

Two weeks after adding the third drug she experienced a noticeable reduction in symptoms. I decided that I too wanted to take it, so I tried again at half-dose, with fewer problems than before. I went up to full dose after a week (roughly three months into treatment). About two weeks after adding the third drug, (Viread) I too experienced improvement.

Moment to moment, day to day, even week to week, we can't feel improvement. The variability that characterizes the illness continues, but it all seems so much less potent. I use the metaphor of an abusive boyfriend who drops by to slap me around if things get too good, but ... Read more>>

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails