Sunday, January 16, 2011

Researchers confirm MCS is poisoning, not Allergy

By Lourdes Salvador:

Researchers from Japan have confirmed that multiple chemical sensitivity (MCS) is not an allergy.

Rather, MCS is a condition in which individuals suffer with symptoms when exposed to low levels of toxic chemicals in the environment. Several studies have shown that people with MCS are unable to break down these toxicants efficiently, a function the liver normally serves.


The most important information this study provides is confirmation that MCS symptoms are not easily treatable with allergy remedies. This also negates the perception that individuals with MCS overreact to what ails everyone. MCS is, based on studies showing impaired detoxification, quite literally, more attuned to chronic poisoning.


Hasegawa M, Ohtomo M, Mita H, Akiyama K. [Clinical aspects of patients with MCS - from the standpoint of allergy]. Arerugi. 2005 May;54(5):478-84.

Read more>>

No comments:


Related Posts with Thumbnails