Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Benjamin Franklin and CBT for ME

On Wednesday 9th February 2011, @Stroopwaffle said:

“Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are.” ~ Benjamin Franklin

I am bed-bound, unable to sit up and unable to talk. It is extremely difficult for me to eat, I have to have bedbaths and in order to go to toilet, I have to slide onto a commode beside my bed.

I'm sure that there are many, many people in the same situation throughout the world as a result of various diseases or tragic accidents. They are treated with respect and compassion by doctors. Unfortunately, the disease that has caused my predicament is Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (M.E.).

Despite the severity of my symptoms and 24/7 intense suffering, I am treated like dirt by doctors. They have been dismissive, arrogant, rude, uncaring and neglectful.

I like to believe the best of people, so ... Read more>>

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails