Monday, February 28, 2011

Fibromyalgia & Stress !

Posted by Lady of the Ozarks:

It's no secret that fibro and stress don't like each other. Do you know why, though? Stress releases certain chemicals, such as cortisol, GH, and norepinephrine.

Stress can cause many health problems, including, but not limited to: weight gain, high blood pressure, stroke, metabolic syndrome, poor sleep, immunity, anxiety, emotional eating, cognitive impairment, and you guess it...increased fibromyalgia symptoms.

What do you do about all this stress, though? I've always been incredibly annoyed at doctors whose advice was simply to "decrease your stress levels." I've felt like saying "Excuse me? If I knew how to make less stress in my life there wouldn't be so much stress in my life!" Read more>>

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails