Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Stop hunting the puppets, hunt Dr. Anthony Fauci, the puppet master

CFS Central:

Frequently, I get emails from patients asking my advice on whom they should target in their protests, and I always say the same thing: the higher up the better.

For instance, tremulous Dr. Beth Unger, who heads up “CFS” research at the Centers for Disease Control, has about as much power as the popcorn girl at my neighborhood movie theater.

In my view, pleading with Unger will have as much effect on ME/CFS policy as playing Barbies will have on instilling world peace.

To change anything, it's my view that you have to change the mindset of the people in charge and forget about the mid-level sump-pump bureaucrats with their cheap brown suits and Payless shoes who do as they're told. And stop trying to make anybody in the government like you, like something out of Sally Field's "you like me" Oscar acceptance speech for Places in the Heart (watch it at the end of this post).

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), would be number one on the list of targets. He's incredibly powerful. If ME/CFS patients could cause him enough grief, maybe the 70-year-old Fauci will cry uncle ... Read more>>

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails