Saturday, May 7, 2011

As the CBT approach hasn’t helped anybody with ME/CFS in a quarter of a century, it is time to change the approach

Mary Sweitzer's written testimony for the May 10,11 2011 CFS Advisory Committee meeting:

I was part of a study of a handful of CFS patients conducted by Dharam Ablashi, the co-discoverer of HHV-6 and its two variants, while looking at samples from AIDS patients at NCI. Ablashi saw the virus in my lymphocytes. It was no artifact. But …”Oh, I just don’t believe that” is something I often hear. Hardly a scientific response, don’t you think?

In the meantime, we remain sick. So let me offer my first suggestion: if the approach hasn’t helped anybody with the disease in a quarter of a century, time to change the approach.

Read more>>

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails