Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Dr. Judy Mikovits Legal Defense Fund

Michael Snyderman MD said...

Dear fellow CFS people,

I just donated money to the Judy Mikovits Legal Defense Fund. This is money I would have sent to the WPI under better circumstances. The irony is that it goes to fight a suit payed for in part by my donation last year.

I can't tell the rest of you what to do but I plan to NOT send the WPI a penny, NOT send them any clinical samples and NOT ask to be treated in their clinic until they drop their awful suit. If everyone were to do the same, if everyone would totally boycott the WPI, the WPI would have to back off or risk irreversible damage.

Michael Snyderman, MD

Anyone who want to support Dr. Mikovits may make donations to her legal defense fund here:

The Dr. Judy Mikovits Legal Defense Fund @ paypal.com

See also: A big thank you to Dr. Judy Mikovits

5 comments:

Lilly Meehan said...

Dear Dr. Speedy,

Thank you for posting Dr. Snyderman's letter. Here is a working link for the Mikovits Legal Fund, the one in the article seemed to have a glitch.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=ZXBTCE4KMY3US


Warmly, Lilly Meehan

Anonymous said...

You know I don't know what to think. Somewhere some bad stuff has happened. I can't imagine either side doing this and I think the "community" feel caught in the middle. Fractured. This is not a good place to be. I must admit to being pretty silent about the whole matter. I don't know which way to turn. I believed "they" would help, but now "they" seem just like the rest. Where do we go from here?

Lets keep advocating and get our message out. Research, please, more research. It is difficult when things don't work out, lets not divide ourselves. Until more info comes out, I am just stuck in the middle. I am sure many feel this way.

Which side to pick, well the debate is still out, sadly both wanted to help, in the end we are the ones hurt. A researcher damaged, and a new research facility damaged. Looks like we all lose, along with the money we sent to "help" ourselves.

cinderkeys said...

What Anon said. Whatever badness happened, I wasn't there to see it, and I'm not obligated to form an opinion. I wish I could, mind you. It would be nice to know where my donation money should go, and where to persuade other people to put it. But I don't. And likely never will.

kathy d. said...

I have no idea what happened at WPI. But I think it's mean-spirited and vindictive for WPI to sue Dr. Mikovits.

Regardless of what WPI says or claims, a scientist's research is his/her own thinking and creativity, even if done on someone else's premises. It should belong to them.

In the short run and the long run, this lawsuit and revenge actions do not help those of us with CFIDS.

We should be the ones considered. But this definitely does not help us.

There are a lot of things WPI could do that are constructive, like try to figure out what treatments work to alleviate our symptoms. That can be done without harming any scientists.

There's big money in all this, which is a big factor here. It's too bad. Fighting disease and helping ill individuals should not be about money. It should be about principles and dedication.

Anonymous said...

Men in Black forced Whittemores to do all this. Mikovits is the JFK of medecine, exposing their instruments of torture. OCCUPY MEDECINE.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails