Monday, March 3, 2008

Chickens and ME ...


I have never written about one of the most difficult subjects in medicine until yesterday. Doctors (sexually) abusing patients and then using the oldest excuse in the book that the patient wanted it. Now someone kindly pointed out to ME that I didn’t make myself clear enough.

So let me try to do that today, hopefully this time it will work. If a doctor wants a relationship with a patient and vice versa they should stop the doctor patient relationship immediately. Full stop.

A thirty year old doc should know that let alone a sixty two year old one. If they don’t then the doc is abusive etc. and he should know that having sex in your surgery with a patient is just so out of order that there is just no way you can say that was normal etc.

The reason why I mentioned it is that I find it totally appalling that one doctor is struck off and rightly so but as far as I am aware the others are still practising as if nothing has happened and they are still proclaiming to be the true know it alls about ME.

Well we all know they can’t spell the word let alone recognise the symptoms or a patient with the disease but that was never their intention. Their intention was pure and simple money, power and abuse.

There is no other word in my dictionary for throwing someone into a swimming pool to make him swim as he was only malingering or so.

Sorry, his parents had told him to stop walking, moving his limbs etc. now you would think that as soon as his parents were out of the way, thanks to a silly court order and this young boy was placed into detention, there is just no other word for it, he would start to wlan up and down the corridor of this Kingdom of dreams, this fairytale wonderland that kids have been longing for since they were born.

When I say I have never written about abuse that is strictly not true, GET and to a lesser extent CBT the Kingdom way are utter abuse but then in a different way. But even if ME would be all in the mind, and believe me, it would be much better to have a depression as that is something we can treat as doctors whereas there is no treatment or cure for this exercise phobia. But even if we would be totally bananas how on earth can you forget the basics of being a doctor and treating your patients with respect, yes respect, a word that doesn’t feature in the CBT dictionary to my amazement…..

Now to come back to what I wanted to say, as far as I am aware the only good thing in the GOBSART ME guidelines is the sentence that we can say no to these torture treatments without it affecting our care etc. I don’t know how that slipped into the book of the Useless Academy but most likely they misspelled it and wanted to write that if we say no it will affect our treatment etc but they just made a typing error and then overlooked it while rereading their silly manuscript.

But it could have been there on purpose you might mumble, well, that would be odd if you read the rest and see that they have used hundreds of pages trying to say it is all in the mind without using words to that effect. Forgetting the WHO classification and the minute detail that ME patients can’t be a blood donor.

Now as a GP I would want to know at least the last bit. Even if I didn’t believe in ME, as if it is some form of religion or so, it would mean that some GP’s would have a rethink.

We might be silly but even GP’s who think it is all in the mind ie it doesn’t exist would not understand that if it is all in the mind that being a blooddonor would be out of the question. If it is not a physical illness that can be transferred to someone else there is no reason why you can’t be a donor unless you are very unwell etc.

And most people, including myself, with ME don’t feel ill, we just have numerous horrible symptoms. And then the psychiatric fairytale comes in handy. When I have just managed to get to the toilet and back and my legs are exploding as if they were filled with suicide bombers the false illness beliefs come to my rescue as I realise that the pains are just not there…..

It is like the person with ME who is tube fed, he or she is doing that because that is our idea of having a jolly good time, well that is if you are a GOBSART fanatic and delusional psychiatrist.

And I must say, I can’t wait to Get back on my feet to see the little buggers for real. I might even ask them a question although I have to be careful because even asking professor CBT what the time is might be classified as harassment and before you know it you end up in GETanomo or locked up and sectioned under the mental health act, article 12 that you are not allowed to speak to a psychiatrist or have a different point of view.

If you do so you will be taken away from your parents if you are a child or still under age and as an adult you will get GET and 12-16 sessions of CBT to make sure that you will never ever do that again. Now to come back to abusing patients in the name of medicine or whatever excuse some doctors come up with, I must say I do not understand their motives, drives or whatever.

I always thought you became a doc to help people but I must say since falling ill with suggestibility my eyes have been rammed open as if tomorrow never dies. The more my brain is coming back the more I realise how much utter nonsense we as doctors proclaim.

There are even docs who want to be farmers, now I would say, change occupation and have a nice life, but no, they stay in medicine and liaise with professor CBT in the second CBT wonderland somewhere in the middle of nowhere in Holland.

You see, after ten years or so of medical school and working in hospitals they have invented the chicken and egg phenomenon. And according to them that is the whole crux of ME. The basis of the chics, I always though they were something else but never mind, is very simple.

I was running and training for a marathon, went to see my GP, for which there was no reason as I was perfectly well, and then he suggested, have you thought about ME. It is a delightful soup, full of horribilities, pains, cognitive dysfunction or a brain that doesn’t work, you won’t be able to listen to music anymore, you can forget your London, Berlin, New York, Sydney or whatever marathon you were planning and from now on you will enjoy a marathon in bed.

Depending on how much you like it and how good your motivation is you might end up in bed for the rest of your life, just have a read on the internet, and then come back in a week and I expect you to have the fullblown ME syndrome by then. Now how crazy must you be to come up with such utter nonsense???

Why on earth would I go to my GP if I was well, let alone then take up his suggestion, which a proper GP would never make, to start having a horrible illness…..

But as this comes from professor CBT his clone it doesn’t surprise me as he must invent even crazier things than professor CBT himself as they are both planning to rule the world and use CBT and GET for everything and anything.

From mending broken glass to appendicitis, from cooking your spaghetti to defrosting Margaret Thatcher. And before we know it they are replacing hips as well with their CBT and talking the damaged hip out of the way and the new one back into place, you see, CBT is that good.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dr Speedy, I'm new to your blog but find it refreshing and very witty. It is particularly interesting as you were/are part of the profession who sometimes cause us most distress.
J, Australia

Dr Speedy said...

Well yes, although I like to think that not all doctors have switched our brains of. Only 50% doesn't believe ME exists..., and yes I agree, NICE profession... and distress causing is apparently part of dealing with ME.

Thx for your compliments, much appreciated.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails