Wednesday, April 13, 2011

You may be eligible for the medical cooling concession

Victorian State Concessions:

The medical cooling concession provides a 17.5% discount off electricity costs over a six month period from 1 November to 30 April for concession cardholders with multiple sclerosis and other qualifying medical conditions such as Parkinson's, motor neurone disease, scleroderma and lupus.

With the introduction of the new Annual Electricity Concession, recipients of the medical cooling concession will now receive a combined discount of 35% off electricity bills effective 1 March 2011.

If you or a member of the household has a condition that impacts on the body's ability to regulate temperature and it's not one of the automatically eligible conditions, please contact the Victorian Concessions Information Line on 1800 658 521.
You must hold at least one of the following concession cards:
Pensioner Concession Card
Health Care Card
DVA Gold Card
Holders of a Health Care Card for Child Disability and Foster Care issued in the name of the child are not eligible.


Frequently asked questions
I suffer from a condition which affects my ability to regulate my temperature. What are my entitlements?

If you have a condition that impairs the body's ability to regulate its own temperature, you may be eligible for the medical cooling concession. Other qualifying conditions include: - Motor Neurone Disease - Muscular Dystrophy - Quadriplegia - Scleroderma - Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)

I have a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card, do I qualify for the medical cooling concession?
No. If you are a holder of Commonwealth Seniors Health Cards, Victorian Seniors Card, Child Disability and Foster Care Health Care Cards and Medicare Cards you are not eligible to apply.

How much is the concession?
The concession provides a discount of 35% off your electricity costs for a six month period between 1 November and 30 April each year.

Where do I send my form?
If you have Multiple Sclerosis, Lymphoedema, Parkinon's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Post-Polio Syndrome or Poliomyelitis: Please send your form to your electricity company. Refer to your electricity bill for contact numbers to your electricity retailer.

Applicants with other qualifying medical conditions please return your completed form to: Department of Human Services, Concessions Unit, GPO Box 4057, Melbourne Vic 3001.

Do I need to get my doctor's OK to apply for this concession?
Yes. Your doctor needs to complete this form for you. Read more>>

1 comment:

Nicky Reiss said...

Thanks for this - useful to know about!


Related Posts with Thumbnails