Sunday, September 23, 2007

BRAINFOG in ME can be very DANGEROUS indeed



Okay, today is Sunday, and it is time to explain to the World, and to Mr NICE, what some of the ME symptoms entail. Now you could easily ask anyone with Severe ME to give you an example how their brain functioned before, and how it functions since they got ME. Now for people who have problems concentrating, problems with information processing or memory problems it is difficult to get this across to someone with a normal brain. I can fully understand that, as my brain was once firing on all cylinders and imagining that it wouldn’t; was unthinkable. But let me explain how my brain was for example, when it was so bad, that when I looked at a chess board, the knights, the bishops and even the pawns were moving way too fast. At that time I could not read, watch TV, listen to music, use a laptop etc. And as I couldn’t walk, still can’t as a matter of fact, and had all sorts of other symptoms, life existed of watching the ceiling 23/7 as I slept one hour a day max.
When my brain started to come back, I could look at a chess board for FIVE minutes max. and then I needed an hour to recover. Don’t ask me how it works, or better, how my brain didn’t work, but that was how it was. Now there are still many things my brain can’t handle, but it is much more enjoyable to focus on the things it CAN actually handle. Now the interesting thing is, the DUTCH CBT KINGDOM published a paper in 2005 that they had found brain abnormalities in ME patients. Yes I know, they keep on saying there is nothing wrong with us. But anyway, what did they find??
“We observed significant reductions in global gray matter" (gray matter is our brain) "volume in both cohorts of CFS patients, as compared to matched control participants.” And “These findings suggest that the central nervous system plays a key role in the pathophysiology of CFS. Our findings appear to provide a reliable somatic marker of CFS, and suggest that the key to this disease might lay in the central nervous system.”
This same KINGDOM wrote in the journal of psychotherapy and psychosomatics in April 2007, you know that magazine about diseases you imagine you have, but you don’t, the same magazine that is publishing my study into the RATT therapy for Ruptured Achilles tendons, see some of my previous BLOG’s, and they informed us that 69% of ME patients were CURED with CBT. Now, if you know just the slightest about brain cells, you know that if they are dead, they don’t come back. If someone has a cardiac arrest for example, the first 3 to 4 minutes are crucial, as the brain needs Oxygen to survive. But apparently, with CBT THEY CAN CURE YOU, that is in 69% of cases, so they TALK your brain cells back from the dead. If this were true, there would be hope for many people with spinal cord injuries and severe head trauma, Strokes, Alzheimer’s etc, but unfortunately this CBT thingy doesn’t help brain cells to grow back.

Interesting if you then realise that this CBT KINGDOM’s basis for CBT is false illness beliefs, ie we think it is physical but it isn’t. But to come back to BRAINFOG, this is a funny sensation to say the least, but it can also be VERY DANGEROUS indeed.

DISCLAIMER: I do NOT take any responsibility whatsoever, if the next thingy is too much for your brain. It is your decision only, if you click on this link, just as it is your decision only, if you want to participate in CBT, and especially a GET program, as this can make things a WHOLE LOT WORSE. Even if you don’t like cars, or racing cars for that matter, if you can watch it though, it is short and VERY much worth it. I think you need a Windows Media Player but I’M not sure. Because remember, I know a LOT about ME by now, but I’m still a computer DUMMY. And please remember, if you suffer from hypersensitivity to NOISE, turn the volume down or turn it OFF COMPLETELY as I, do before you continue.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails