Tuesday, November 6, 2007

ME and YOU and YOURS responses


It is really not surprising that our beloved friends have no idea what ME is.

They do a series of training sessions for GP’s and have a bloke saying he is tired all the time, or TATT as that is called in GP land, but he is presented under the banner Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

Yes, really, check it out yourself if you are bored to death that is.

TATT is what we dread as doctors as we hate this nonsense talk.

Yeah really, that is what we are trained to think. Keeping an open mind and so, what a waste of time and energy.

I have copied their BORED TO DEATH banner into this BLOG and it is really interesting if you read what it says.

Their wording on the left is “MANAGING Chronic Fatigue in Primary Care,” so by your GP that is.

And there you see what we have been saying all the time, they see patients with chronic fatigue and call that later in their many many many articles Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

Next to it is a picture of a Bloke who is clearly depressed and then it says: “Training Physicians in Mental Health Skills Series.”

But the NICEst thing is to the right of this, where it says “DEMENTIA.”

I must say I love this, I really do. Tiredness selling as CFS or ME, and then putting dementia on the agenda as well as a nice hint of what they really think of us….

However, just reading some of the responses to the You and Yours programm on BBC FOUR about ME, I found some really NICE comments.

Let me mention a few, I will have missed many because there is just too much information, which I just can’t read with a brain that still has problems processing information like I could in the past, but just read and enjoy.

Oh, and comments like I have been cured by standing on my head three times a day for a month, to GET some blood flowing back to my brain and other interesting therapies I won’t mention here.

If people are cured by these therapies great, but then they didn’t have ME in the first place. It is that simple.

“Remember - This is a training video for GPs! No wonder people with ME have a hard time with being taken seriously.”

"White man speaks with forked tongue."

“Psychiatry has as much relevance to ME as it does cancer. I.e. very little! I am afraid these psychiatrists have made a career built on ME and they obviously refuse to let go and admit the world now realises it is a physical illness and not ‘all in the mind.”

So much of our precious energy and money is spent trying treatments incl "every crackpot alternative treatment".

'Its difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.' Quote by Upton Sinclair.

“This made me think of doctors paid by insurance companies etc.”

Oh, and I have a really nice quote from Mr TOMMY COOPER himself. You never know, our beloved friends might even learn a thing or two from the master of understatement.

“A woman tells her doctor, “I’ve got a bad back.” The doctor says, “It's old age.” The woman says, “I want a second opinion.” The doctor says, “Okay – you’re ugly as well.””

I just received an email, you know one of those you didn’t ask for, but I must say this one was very tempting indeed, and I almost forwarded it to our beloved CBT BLOKEYS, so they might update you know their non existent knowledge and be up to date for a change.

It started by saying, “Don't you think it's time to update your antiquated ME knowledge with the latest software and applications from ME best of the best?

We have hundreds of applications now available from some of the greatest software companies.

Whether it’s the Canadian Guidelines, the South Australian ones or the Dr Stein guide for psychiatrists, we have them all, and all free of charge.

This should be off interest to your friends in the CBT MAGIC KINGDOM, so you might think of forwarding this email, or otherwise you might use your friend, and great helper, BELINDA MESSENGER.

You see, it can’t be a coincidence that Mr Eddie Jordan, who was not only the boss of an F1 team who mixed fast cars with sex and rock and roll, but he was also the one who introduced our BELINDA to the PADDOCK.

No wonder Mr HOTmail is using her, to run around the world delivering our messages as fast as she can.

But even the Eddie and Belinda treatment doesn’t cure blokes with ME.



Apparently more than half of all the ME patients are ladies so in the delusional world another reason to think ME is spelled hysteria.

Apart from that, hysteria is NOT a diagnosis anymore in the psychiatric bible called the DSM.

I have also noticed, after doing a lengthy and very expensive trial, the results, peer reviewed that is, will be published in the Journal for the HE Man, that all those woman always complain about labour pains and so and if you think about it this must be hysteria as well.

You see, the people from the Dr Speedy BLOG have done a telephone enquiry asking twenty thousand fathers about labour pains and NONE of them had had any.

So clearly, this labour pain is another expression of this hysteria phenomenon.

We also did a survey to see how many men had suffered from hot flushes and mood swings and again the results were staggering. Again NO BLOKE had ever had them.

So I must say, and now I am giving you a sneaky preview of the outcome of our survey, that CBT is really best.

Well, the COOL BLOGGING THERAPY that is.

I know it doesn’t cure you, but the other CBT doesn’t either, so can I have my FOUR million for my TRIAL and ELEVEN million for my COOL BLOGGING THERAPY please.

Oh and one final note, I have become some sort of SOBETZKO cartoon addict.

And I have also found the one that I wanted to share with you earlier.

If you see a delusional collusionist, just send him this one so he can update his RAM and ROM by deleting the non existent knowledge and checking this one out.

Thanks Dr Sobetzko, much appreciated. If you want to see the rest of his work, just click on the cartoon.




PS by mistake I did put the german calendar as the link, I have now changed that as I just made a mistake while clicking on the first instead of the second link on his site.

1 comment:

Cusp said...

Well I love the idea of slipping a hint of dementia into the mix.

I mean I used to work with people with dementia --- even used to train other people in working with people with dementia, give presentations ....all sorts. If I could just get a grip of the old CBT thing and get my pulse rate up to 180 during GET I could go back to work properly and get the insurance people off my back. They'd be everso pleased and te Dwp could hold a party and I could be a real person again and not a ME Numpty.

Mind you ---- supposing this dementia lark is catching. All that time working with the bewildered. That must be why I have M.E. --- or DON'T have M.E.....must be dementia. Now I can encourage my GP to draw up a proper Care Plan...oh Goodee !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails