Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A subset of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is caused by HIV

International M.E. Association:

Several possible mechanisms for exercise and activity dysfunction in people with HIV have been reported. Structural and inflammatory muscle abnormalities in people with HIV, which may impair the muscle's ability to extract or utilize oxygen during exercise, have been widely reported. HIV infection-mediated myopathy, as identified by the presence of necrosis (cell death), nemaline rod bodies (rod-shaped inclusion bodies consisting of alpha-actinin and desmin), inflammation, and vasculitis (inflammation of microvasculature) were found in 26% of individuals infected with HIV who either had never taken antiretroviral therapy or had a low lifetime dose, indicating a deleterious effect of HIV infection on skeletal muscle. Read more>>

See also: The main characteristic of ME is an abnormally delayed muscle recovery after doing trivial things, if you don't have that, you don't have ME

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I liked this hark work in this page, you are helping web people with good information! This site is much enlightening!
My name is Rita, I´m from New Jersey, so I am going to be a fan of this web site, My interests may not be in the best interest of everyone but I will tell them anyway I love reading as well as sports in general, and I also listen a lot Radiohead on my roadtrips, I´m without boyfriend now so male users....just kidding :)! I once tried online dating it didn´t work out very well....
I made this comment cause as I previously said I really enjoy this page I also have a web community just as you, but mine is vey different from yours, it is about free poker money....:)
I will also apologize for my writting it was the only way I found to talk with you....
Good morning to you all, Bye

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails