Monday, October 15, 2007

SECONDAIRY GAINS FOR ME PART TWO



Secondairy gains for ME patients according to psychiatrists keeps haunting ME as I can’t believe how a PROFESSOR, a TOP DOG, can actually come up with something so ridiculous, and believe that we will kiss his shoes out of gratitude.

Remember, what was his beloved opinion:

“Many patients receive financial benefits and payments which may be contingent on their remaining unwell.

Recovery may therefore pose a threat of financial loss."

"Validation is needed from the doctor. Once that is granted, the patient may assume the privileges of the sick role (sympathy, time off work, benefits etc)."

I have spend many nights lying awake, as I do anyway with these fantastic pains and so, really enjoyable, and I was thinking about these so called Secondairy gains for ME.

So I thought, if he can come up with a list, so can I.

This is what I came up with as the Secondairy gains of ME:

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.

Now I have thought about this for quite a while, and I can’t think of anything else at the moment.

Maybe later.

The other thing though, if you talk about SECONDARY GAINS, is that there by definition should be PRIMARY gains. Now I have thought about this one even harder.

And what on earth are these supposed to be????

Has anybody got ANY IDEA whatsoever?????

Because I haven’t. I really have no CLUE about this one.

Would be NICE to know what these CBT TRUMPETS come up with this time.

Or have they not thought this through as they tend to do with most things. Unless it involves earning money and getting their name in the spotlight that is.

Now lets come back to November 2001 when these NICE TRUMPET CBT BLOKEYS had a conference with the very NICE subject:

‘Malingering and Illness deception.’

And the idea was not only that people with ME are MALINGERERS and trying TO DECEIVE you, but also to reclassify ME as a psychiatric disorder.

So we were mentally very ill, and we were also criminals, because if we are malingerers and trying TO DECEIVE society, than that is exactly what these NICE BLOKEYS are saying about us.

It becomes VERY INTERESTING if you read their solution:

The solution is not to cure the sick, but a ‘fundamental transformation in the way society deals with sickness and disabilities.”

Now, just think about this for a minute. And think very hard. A bit harder please and then the result is asthonishing.

In a RECENT BMJ, there was an article about a new biography of Dr Brandt.

And it can’t be coincidence that this appeared while I was reading about all this NICENESS from our beloved CBT friends.

And what did the biographer write about Dr Brandt:

“The death of the mentally ill or the physically handicapped for the likes of Brandt, “freed society from a financial, emotional and even aesthetic burden.”

They “eliminated sickness by eliminating the sick."

Now, I’m not saying our CBT BLOKEYS are the same as this doctor, but the resemblance in ideas is striking. I know the TOP DOG and his DOGINA view us as a burden, but.....

This leaves me speechless.

Oh, and remember, how much were these so called secondairy gains in the UK???

“Long-term Incapacity Benefit rate (for after 52 weeks of being unable to work) -is £81.35 a week.”

Now I’m not a violent person, but I can now really see why Mr Clarkson has send me this picture:

Oh, and by the way, read my BLOG in the next few days and you will see what Mr Clarkson REALLY meant with this picture in combination with our beloved friends.

You’ll be surprised.

But lets see if you, or the CBT BLOKEYS, can come up for yourself with the right meaning of this picture. I bet you won’t.

But you might prove ME wrong, very wrong.

If you want to find out more about secondairy gains and PSYCHIATRISTS WHO FAILED THEIR MATHS TESTS at SCHOOL, just CLICK HERE.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Jeremy Clarkson saying "I've just shot a psychiatrist in the leg and he insists it's all in the mind?"

Anonymous with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis said...

Secondary gain? SECONDARY GAIN!?

What kept me alive all these years is the small hope that perhaps one day i'll be able to get back all the little things in life i neglected as healthy and be able to take back the ability to decide over my own life instead of having people doing it for me. To be able to no longer be imprisoned by my illness and bed.

Where's the secondary gain in a living hell? It sure isn't financial as i'm living on the very fine line of what my country considers to be the very MINIMUM of what a person should have to get by on.

Unbelievable.

Anonymous said...

Well said.

Unknown said...

I couldn't agree more.

Anonymous said...

Hello Dr Speedy. Just discovered your blog.

Now you have me thinking about my secondary gains ... and of course my primary gains ... erm ...

Is it something to do with saving money because I never go anywhere vey much? Oh no cuz I had to spend it on a wheelchair so I can at least go out maybe once a month. Yer - because that has always been a dream of mine to sit in a wheelchair while someone else decides which direction I go and me being too tired to speak. Oh and of course al that money on medication and over the counter pain killers and suppliments so tiny colds don't give me chronic infections and devastate months of my life.

Ummm ... is it not having to suffer social chit chat anymore as most people don't want to chit chat whilst you're in bed (stinking) in your pj's?

I give up. On the list at least.

If it were true I would be better now. Because having this illness has made me realise what I do and don't want from life. My life is a thousand times simplified now. If I had the health and the energy I would be a human whirlwind of doing.

But I suppose the psycho's will say I am remaining ill so I don't have to fulfill that role. You can't win an argument with a mental psycho.

(I also blog about my grotty and sometimes rather happy life which I share with ME/CFS at http://chronicallyme.wordpress.com )

Dr Speedy said...

well if you come up with any primary gains, let me know, otherwise sorry that you have this disease as well.

and secondairy gains, they just make me laugh, these psycho boys are really delusional.
maybe something which is a requirement for their job.....

Dr Speedy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails