Wednesday, June 22, 2011

What to do if 911 is busy ?

As I was getting into bed the other night, my wife told me I had left the light on in the garage.
She could see light coming through the bedroom window.
As I got up and I saw there were 2 guys taking things from my garage.
I immediately called 911, but was told that they didn't have anyone "in the area at this time," but would send someone over as soon as possible.
I said OK, hung up, and waited one minute.
Then I called 911 again. I said, "I called you a minute ago because there was someone in my garage.
Well, you don't have to worry about that now because I just shot them."


Within two minutes there were 3 cruisers in front of my house, a SWAT van and the paramedics.


They immediately apprehended the burglars. However, the lieutenant was
really mad & said "I thought you said you'd shot them!"


I replied, "I thought you said there was nobody available."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really loved this anecdote,… and very recognisable in most countries and sometimes one must exaggerate to be taken really seriously!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails