Monday, March 28, 2011

Professor Erich D. Ryll: Infectious venulitis, ME and CFS are all Communicable Diseases

Erich D. Ryll, M.D., Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine:

INFECTIOUS VENULITIS CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME MYALGIC ENCEPHALOMYELITIS Erich D. Ryll, M.D. Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine Division of Infectious & Immunologic Diseases University of California, Davis

HISTORY
In the spring and summer of 1975 there occurred a major, severe epidemic of a communicable, apparent viral disease at the Mercy San Juan Hospital in Carmichael, a suburb of Sacramento, California.

The first two cases became ill in February; the bulk of the cases fell ill between July and November of 1975. Several cases tailed out to 1978. The epidemic spread to all departments of the Hospital. It was equally severe in all departments. I was appointed chairman of a committee to investigate the outbreak. Fearing that some people might die, I asked that the CDC (Communicable Disease Center of Atlanta, Georgia) to become involved.

An epidemic intelligence officer of the CDC spent one week in residence, and an epidemiologist from the California State Department of Health, Berkeley, came for a day. Cultures were obtained for all known viruses, bacteria, mycoplasma, and rickettsiae, and all were found to be negative.

The disease was apparently due to an unknown agent, presumably a virus.

At the time we did a literature search and found three reports of outbreaks that were called EPIDEMIC PHLEBODYNIA (EP), meaning painful veins. While the disease at the Mercy San Juan Hospital (MSJ) was somewhat similar, it included many more features than were described in EP and so at the time I did not believe it was the same disease.

Additional literature search showed that the disease was very similar to EPIDEMIC NEUROMYASTHENIA/MYALGIC ENCEPHALOMYELITIS (ENM/ME). But troublingly, very few vascular features were mentioned. I have followed these patients on a daily basis since 1975. This is the longest continual study of this type of disease that has ever been made. Because of this, I have learned all the nuances, all the signs and symptoms of the disease.

Because the complaints of patients are so many and often seemingly bizarre, I often attempted to disclaim them as being real. But I learned that you patients were always right and I was always wrong. In studying this disease, one must always have an open mind. This disease teaches the physician to be humble.

One must remember what a famous French physician, Jean Martin Charcot, said many years ago; "DISEASE IS VERY OLD AND NOTHING ABOUT IT HAS CHANGED. IT IS WE WHO CHANGE AS WE LEARN TO RECOGNIZE WHAT FORMERLY HAS BEEN IMPERCEPTIBLE." Read more>>

3 comments:

Nancy Kirkes said...

I, as well as a friend came to Carmichael many years ago to have an evaluation by Dr. Ryll.(he was on Fair Oaks Blvd.) He indeed confirmed our Chronic Fatique. Which we still are dealing with, and affects our lives enormously. Is there any new information, helps, or cures at this time?? Is he at work at Davis, or still have his own office?
Thank you, Nancy Kirkes

marry lawson said...

Life has not been easy for me, I am here to share the good news of my life, how I was cure through HSV2 by doc zubby who help me within 2 weeks with the help of his herbal medicine I am from United states of America, so this Great doctor sent me a herbal which I took according to the way he instructed, just to find out I am cure after taking the cure for 2 week I found this man email from the internet, how he also help a lady from the same sickness. I am so happy to be writing this testimony to the world because this man really clean the tears in my heart and he is a man of his words I want to use this means to inform those of us who’s doctor had told there is no cure, well here is the chance to get yourself cured from this horrible sickness you can get Dr zubby email via dr.zubbysolutionhome@gmail.com or you can also whatapp him +2348070673249 and the doctor also told me he can fix this sickenss also: 1. HIV / AIDS 2. HPV 3. CANCER 4. ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease) 5. Hepatitis B

Anonymous said...

I was a patient..saw dr.Ryll.. he passed away 2014..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails